Background

8/9/11

Poor Agnes......

It is with a heavy heart that I tell you that we lost Agnes tonight.  This evening the Hubs went out to feed and water them and as always they ran into the neighbors yard.  We are not 100% sure what happened to her we only know the neighbor came over and told us that she thought one had died.  So the Hubs went over and retrieved her.

We are not sure if she ate some type of pesticide, something covered with pesticide or if she was sick.  Chickens are notorious for hiding illnesses until it is too late.

Although I love my chickens they are just chickens and actually the Hubs and I took it quite well.  The girls don't know yet.  I think Little Bug is going to be devastated, this will be a good lesson for her.

So here is a little tribute to you Agnes, your spunky little attitude will be missed.......







1 comment:

  1. Awww.... I'm so sorry. They have so much personality, it's always hard to lose one.

    ReplyDelete