Background

8/17/11

10 things I have learned about raising chickens...

Here are 10 things I learned about raising chickens.....


1.  It's okay to name your chickens but only if you do not intend to consume said chickens.

2. Chickens do make wonderful pets, Little Bird is our little chicken whisperer, Little Bug has started petting them but only if they don't peck her.

3. They will peck you no matter how nice you are to them

4.  They will run over into the neighbors yard no matter what.  Now if I can just convince my neighbors that the chickens are good for their yard.

5.  "Why did the chicken cross the road" jokes never get old because they cross the road almost everyday!

6.  A chicken can pick off a moth or butterfly right in the air.



7.  Chickens can fly.....This is true and not true.  They can fly very short distances and normally my gals only "fly" when they are coming out of their coop and it looks more like a guided fall.

8. NO ROOSTERS.....I can hear one someone has over in the other development which is kind of a ways away.  No thank you......

9.  Chickens sing, yes they do, every night my gals sing sweet songs as they roost.

10.  Chicken poop is good but is really, really smelly.....So we muck the coop often to keep it from getting too bad.

So now you know, I never read some of this stuff in any of the chicken books.  We really do enjoy our gals!




1 comment:

  1. This was a great read! I love that ou make "why did the chicken cross the road" jokes.

    ReplyDelete