Background

10/11/11

Apples anyone?

I love October, the smell of the crisp clean air, the foliage, pumpkins, and apples....Yes I am once again blogging about apples!

We went apple picking this weekend.....I am now up to my eyeballs in apples and I wouldn't have it any other way!!

Little Bug.....
A good motto to live by.....

We leased an organic apple tree from Liberty View farm. It cost about $70 but everything on the tree was ours!  We got about 75 pounds of sweet, juicy, organic apples from our tree. That's a little less than a dollar a pound for apples!  Farmer Billiam is just a sweet, wonderful person, I am really glad we found this farm. We are definitely leasing a tree again next year!  If you are interested in leasing a tree just follow the link above. 2012 is not up on the site just yet but I am sure it will be as soon as their busy season is over!


I can reach this one.....
We call her "Two Bites" Little Bug!  Such an apple waster!!

I already put up about 11 cans of applesauce and made an large pan of apple crisp and I still have two bags of apples left!  I am thinking about making some apple pie filling and apple butter as well!!

We filled up three of these bags!!
Little Bird is crazy about bees too!  Liberty View has bee hives, along with goats, pigs and chickens, so they were hanging out by us the whole time we picked.  She was very excited that this little honey bee, along with many others, landed on her apple!  She has such a great respect for bees because she knows that we wouldn't have food if it wasn't for these little guys!  (No bee nor child was harmed during this picture or while picking!)


Little Bird and the honey bee

We were also invited to apple pick with the Hubs family on Sunday. We picked a few apples but we were just there to get some pumpkins.....

The Hubs, Little Bird and Bug trying to find a nice pumpkin!!

Yes my children dress up to go to the farm.  We had a lot of fun picking and talking with everyone!  We don't get to see each other that much so it is extra fun when we do get together.  My niece and nephews were just so cute!!

M, eating apples when your front teeth are missing is kind of hard!!

K loved eating apples!!

T with a bag of apples!
And to top it all off the leaves on the top of the mountain have begun their transformation.  If you live in the area and get a chance take a ride over the mountain on Rt 44-55.  When you get just past Minnewaska State Park I promise you won't be disappointed!!  Mother Nature has surely done some beautiful work this year!  I am hoping to get up there and take some pictures soon!

I can do it all by myself... 
Disclaimer- All of the opinions regarding Liberty View Farms are solely my own.  Liberty View did not compensate me in any way, shape or form to write this raving review.  They are just an awesome farm!  Mother Nature on the other hand bribes me all the time!  Haha!  

No comments:

Post a Comment