Background

11/2/11

Living in the land of milk and honey......

Sorry guys, I just started a new job a few weeks ago and have been running around like crazy ever since!

Anyway, I was talking to a friend about getting raw milk and the fact that it is close to me.  She basically said to me that I live in a wonderful magical place where fruits and veggies are abundant directly from the farms not the supermarket.  I started thinking, not to toot my own horn, but I do live in this magical place where agriculture is still very much a way of life.  There are about 46 farms in my area from Kingston to Ellenville.  46.  Wow.  Not all are organic but some practice organic methods of farming, some don't.  Some truck in out of season fruits and veggies, some don't.  It all depends on where you go.  This is why it is important to know your farmer!

http://www.rondoutvalleygrowers.org/rondout_valley_growers_map.cfm
I wouldn't change where I live for even a moment.  How about you?  Do you live in a land of milk and honey?


No comments:

Post a Comment