Background

8/31/12

NOFA-NY Locavore Challenge- Join me!

I am not doing my regularly scheduled "This Moment" post today.  Mainly because I was too lazy to put this post up on Wednesday like originally planned but I just spent a few days researching/buying a new TV because Bug decided to wash the old (and perfectly working) TV.  She threw a freaking whole cup of water at time.  The joys of parenting!

Sure she's cute but watch out she'll destroy electronics!
I love eating real food.  It makes me feel good, helps me keep some of the more serious complications of the PCOS at bay and it is just plain delicious!  I really cannot eat processed foods anymore without either tasting all the crap in it or getting sick. It has taken me a while to do this. On vacation I had one of those fake cheese and cracker packs and I took one bite and that was it, yuck!

We have been slacking in the meal planning department a bit in our house this summer.  I was looking through our bank statements and I saw just exactly how much we were eating out for dinner, which was way more than we were eating at home.  Uh-oh!  Don't judge, life happens!

Then I realized September is right around the corner.  This means that the NOFA-NY Locavore challenge will be here.  What a great way to get back into eating healthy again!



If you do not know what the NOFA-NY Locavore Challenge is let me enlighten you!  The Locavore Challenge is simply 30 days of eating local, organic and sustainably grown food.  You can challenge yourself to a day, week or the entire month.  They also host events throughout New York State, ending with a statewide potluck on September 30th.



We are planning on doing the entire month.  So I thought what a perfect time to also challenge ourselves to a month of no take out!  The Hubs even said he would try to go a whole month without soda!  I was floored! 

So for the month of September I will share with you visits to farms, tips on how to take baby steps to get rid of the processed foods and replace them with real foods, real food recipes, and our trials and errors!  It is going to be a great time!  I cannot wait to share with you our trip to the beef farm!    

So I hope you will join me?  Do you think you can eat real food for a day, a week, or a whole month!  And you don't have to live in New York to challenge yourself, I won't tell.  I would love to turn this into a little virtual challenge/party and share some real food recipes!  Maybe have a little picture potluck on the 30th?  Sound fun?  

If you are interested in joining me leave a comment below or drop me a line at raisingsweetgraceATgmailDOTcom and let me know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment